An IBC or Immediate Bulk Container is a commonly used industrial container that is designed to carry and transport liquid substances. As the name suggests, it can carry bulk amounts of liquids and is a reusable and safe way of storing fluids and shipping them from one location to another.
Features of IBC Containers
Being widely used by food and other manufacturing industries, IBCs are perfect for the storage and shipment of liquid substance. Some of the key features that allow for its wide spread use, are:
- IBCs can be used to transfer any type of liquid substance; such as, chemicals, water, food ingredients, and even pharmaceutical products.
- They have different volumes and capacities and the two most common quantities are of 275 gallons and 330 gallons.
- As they are designed in a cube shape, IBC containers allow for maximum space utilization on the inside and are easy to stack on top of one another for easy storage in warehouse or shipping cargo.
- IBCs are made from a number of materials and you can choose the one that is the best option for your shipment based on the fluid products that you want to transport.
Types of Products that can be Stored within IBCs
As mentioned above, IBC containers can transport nearly all types of liquids. These include:
- Chemicals including hazardous substances.
- Raw materials used for further industrial production.
- Food ingredients and edible liquids.
- Oils, solvents, detergents and other petroleum based fluid products.
- Rain water, when they are placed on top of roofs for collection of rain water; etc.
Based on the type of IBC Tote that you need, here are some options: