Shipping materials tend to be relatively straightforward, but it still pays to do your research so you find exactly what you need. Collapsible bulk containers have four solid walls, but they can fold down across the center for easy storage – you can see exactly how they work in this video. They also come with a number of advantages for your business. Keep reading and learn how these versatile shipping containers work, as well as how they can help with efficiency and environmental responsibility.
- Simple Folding Walls—Your shipping and freight materials should be easy to use. This cuts down operation time as well as frustration, so your team can keep their spirits up. Collapsible bulk containers have walls that simply fold up or down depending on if you’re using them or storing them aside. When you can break down or expand your shipping materials in just a couple of seconds, you give yourself a better chance to stick to your schedule.
- More Efficient Storage—When you knock the walls of your collapsible container down, they should lie flat against the base of the bin. This is an excellent space-saving solution that lets you get the most out of your warehouse. You can stack your collapsible bulk containers on top of each other when they’re not in use, taking advantage of vertical space as well. A cramped or unorganized storage space can be a real headache to deal with, but collapsible plastic storage bins help you keep everything in order. When it comes to storing items inside the bins rather than storing the spare bins themselves, you’ll have several size options to choose from, so make sure you know what you’re looking for.
- Product Security—You want to be assured that your inventory will get to its destination on time and in perfect condition. That means you need to pack properly and protect your products while they’re in transit. Collapsible containers are strong and durable, so they can shield your products from damage. This is where it’s crucial that you use the proper size containers and pack them carefully. Don’t leave extra space in each container or the contents will slide around. Fill in the extra spaces and pack as much as you can—within reason—to cushion the inventory and keep it in place.
- Reusable Containers—Before you purchase bulk shipping containers, think about how useful they’ll be in the long run. Not all materials have the same expected lifespans, and certain products are much easier to reuse than others. Collapsible bulk containers can be used over and over again, and they can hold different types of inventory. Reusable materials make your business more sustainable and efficient, and they’re simple and convenient to work with.
- Money Savings—Between the security and protection that collapsible bulk containers offer and the fact that they can be used for a long time, you can stand to save a significant amount of money by using them for your business. A product that lasts over time is one that you don’t need to worry about replacing. Low quality boxes may wear down or break apart, exposing your inventory and forcing you to purchase new shipping containers. The right industrial containers will continue to do their jobs over the years, which saves you stress and the extra expense of replacement.
- Environmental Responsibility—In addition to saving money by choosing durable products, you can do your part to protect the environment. Products that stay in circulation longer are regarded as efficient, as they can be used over and over again. This means there’s a reduced need to use virgin materials to create new products, since the ones in use tend to stick around. Furthermore, plastics and metals can be recycled, so you can make your business greener by ensuring that your collapsible plastic containers are reused or repurposed. Put a recycling and waste management plan into place and make
sure your employees stick to it.
If you’re looking for shipping containers that you can trust to protect your inventory for years to come, don’t overlook collapsible containers. You can set them up or break them down in seconds thanks to their folding walls, and they’re easy to store when they’re collapsed. This kind of shipping container helps your bank account–as well as your effect on the planet–and you can expect it to last.